Wednesday, October 04, 2006

What not to watch

Before going on a transatlantic flight, there are a few programs one should not watch. Although pertaining to be useful, BBC Horizon's 'Survivors Guide to Plane Crashes' had repeated shots of planes crashing (surprise!), and made for interesting dreams last night. It was very interesting - I will never toss my laminated safety card aside with such cavalier confidence again. Despite the potentially life-saving information, it was probably not the best idea to watch something so graphic.

Now all I need is a program on how to entertain a 14month old for 7 hours whilst they sit on your lap and won't stop wriggling. And no, he doesn't watch TV.....

2 Comments:

At 2:38 PM, Blogger The Amazing Trips said...

I think I would have canceled my plane flight if I saw something like that the night before. YIKES!!!

Regarding travels with a 14-month old ... I have found the thing that works the best is to let them play with the air sick bag. Provided of course, it wasn't used first. That always kept our kids entertained for at least an hour. Putting stuff in. Taking stuff out. Putting stuff in. Taking stuff out.

 
At 1:18 PM, Blogger Martha said...

Ask if they can "land the plane" before take off. Somehow the noise of the engines always puts kids to sleep on the descent. ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home